Giorni dell'ira, I
From The Spaghetti Western Database
- Runtime: 115 min
- Release Date: 19.12.67
Also known as
Day of Anger (U.S.A.) | Der Tod ritt Dienstags (Germany) | Gigantes em duelo (Portugal) | Días de Ira (Spain) | El dia de la ira (Spain) | Sormi Liipasimella (Finland) | Dni gniewu (Poland) | Le dernier jour de la colere (France) | On m'appelle saligo (France) | En främling kom för att hämnas (Sweden) | Blood and Grit (U.K.) | Gunlaw (U.K.) | Ikarino Koya (Japan) | Days of Wrath | Dny hněvu (Czech Republic) | روز های خشم (Iran)
Cast and crew
- Cast: Lee Van Cleef (Frank Talby), Giuliano Gemma (Scott Mary), Walter Rilla (Murph Allan Short), Christa Linder (Gwen/Betty), Yvonne Sanson (Vivien Skill), Ennio Balbo (Turner), Lukas Ammann (Judge Cutcher), Anna Orso (Ellie/Eileen Cutcher), Andrea Bosic (Able Murray), Giorgio Gargiullo (Marshall/Sheriff Nigel), Jose Calvo [as Pepe Calvo](Blind Bill), Hans-Otto Alberty (blond deputy), Ferruccio Viotti (Sam Corbitt), Benito Stefanelli (Owen White), Al Mulock (Wild Jack), Romano Puppo (Hart Perkins), Nino Nini, Franco Balducci (Slim), Ricardo Palacios (Bowie cantina owner), Paolo Magalotti (Deputy Cross), Vladimir Medar (Old Man Perkins), Mauro Mannatrizio (Mackenzie Perkins), Nazareno Natale (Wild Jack henchman), Sergio Mendizabel (Wild Jack henchman), Alvaro de Luna (Wild Jack henchman), Fulvio Mingozzi (Turner's assistant), Virgilio Gazzolo (Mr. Barton), Eleanora Morana (Mrs. Barton), Christian Consola, Gianni Di Segni, Omero Cappana
- Novel Basis: "Der Tod ritt Dienstags" by Ron Baker
- Screenplay: Ernesto Gastaldi, Renzo Genta, Tonino Valerii
- Cinematography: Enzo Serafin [Technicolor - Techniscope 2,35:1]
- Music: Riz Ortolani
- Song: "It's Time to Go" sung by ?
- Producers: Enrico Chrosciscki, Alfonso Sansone
This 1967 spaghetti western stars a master of that genre, Lee Van Cleef, as an aging gunfighter. In an effort to regain his fearsome reputation, Van Cleef shoots down a local Sheriff. He then finds he must deal with his young protégé, Giuliano Gemma, who happened to be the Sheriff's best friend. The climactic showdown finds Van Cleef facing down his former pupil, Gemma, with each man knowing the other's every move and thought. Also known as Day of Anger, this superior Italian oater was directed by onetime Sergio Leone assistant, Tonino Valerii.