Resa dei conti, la
La Resa dei conti (Italy, Spain 1966 / Director: Sergio Sollima)
- Runtime: 111 min
- Release Date: 3.3.67
Also known as
The Big Gundown (U.S.A.) | Der Gehetzte der Sierra Madre (Germany) | O grande pistoleiro (Portugal) | Luodin laki (Finland) | En Blodig Kniv-Ett Dödande Skott (Sweden) | Un maudit de plus (France) | Colorado (France) | Colorado (Poland) | Un maudit de plus (France) | El halcon y la presa (Spain) | La presa (Spain) | Fukushuno Gunman (Japan) | Sokolov Plen (Yugoslavia) | Velká přestřelka (Czech Republic) | Account Rendered
Cast and Crew
- Cast: Lee Van Cleef (Jonathan Corbett), Thomas Milian (Cuchillo Sanchez), Walter Barnes (Brokston), Gerard Herter (Baron Von Schulenberg), Nieves Navarro ('The Widow'), Fernando Sancho (Captain Segura), Benito Stefanelli (Jess), Fancisco Brana (Widow's ranch hand), Antonio Casas (Brother Smith & Wesson), Roberto Camardiel (Sheriff Jellicol), Nello Pazzafini (Hondo), Luisa Rivelli (Lizzie Miller), Maria Granada (Rosita Sanchez), Calisto Calisti (Mr. Lynch), Lorenzo Robledo (pioneer), Romano Puppo (Rocky), Lanfranco Ceccarelli (Jack), Spartaco Conversi (Mitchell), Tom Felleghi (Mr. Miller), Jose Torres (Paco Molinas), Angel Del Pozo (Shemp Miller), Barta Barry (outlaw), Luis Gaspar (outlaw), Antonio Molino Rojo (Widow's ranch hand), Sanchez Polack (Sheriff of Willow Creek), Luis Barboo (Widow's ranch hand), Fernando Bilbao (Widow's ranch hand), Jose Zalde (Mexican barber), Angelo Susani (Mexican bartender), Herman Reynoso (Mormon leader), Maribel Martin (Sarah), Christine Heffernan (Willow Creek prostitute)
- Story: Franco Solinas, Fernando Morandi (see below)
- Screenplay: Sergio Donati, Sergio Sollima
- Cinematography: Carlo Carlini (Technicolor, Techniscope 2,35:1)
- Music: Ennio Morricone
- Songs: "Run, Man, Run", "Somewhere" sung by Christy
- Producers: Alberto Grimaldi, Tulio Demicheli
The screenplay by Donati and director Sollima was based on an original screenplay by Franco Solinas (Quien sabe?, Tepepa) and Fernando Morandi, which was situated on Corsica, but then transferred into a SW setting. In that course the screenplay was so much altered that (similar to Il mercenario) Solinas was only named in the credits for the idea.
Jonathan Corbett (Lee van Cleef), a bounty hunter, is assigned to follow Cuchillo (Tomas Milian) who has allegedly committed a rape. A rich landowner encourages Corbett, who hopes to help Corbett stand for senator once he has succeeded in his quest. Corbett embarks on a manhunt through Texas and Mexico, staying on Cuchillo's tail. Corbett catches him, and Cuchillo escapes. During the course of the deadly hunt, Corbett's doubts about the manhunt grow. When the landowner shows up in Mexico to put an end to the business, the landowner confirms Corbett's suspicion. Something is amiss and only a showdown will suffice when everything comes to light.