La Resa dei conti (Italy, Spain 1966 / Director: Sergio Sollima)
- Runtime: 111 min
- Release Date: 3.3.67
Also known as
The Big Gundown (U.S.A.) | Der Gehetzte der Sierra Madre (Germany) | O grande pistoleiro (Portugal) | Luodin laki (Finland) | En Blodig Kniv-Ett Dödande Skott (Sweden) | Un maudit de plus (France) | Colorado (France) | Colorado (Poland) | Un maudit de plus (France) | El halcon y la presa (Spain) | La presa (Spain) | Fukushuno Gunman (Japan) | Sokolov Plen (Yugoslavia) | Velká přestřelka (Czech Republic) | Account Rendered
Cast and Crew
- Cast: Lee Van Cleef (Jonathan Corbett), Thomas Milian (Cuchillo Sanchez), Walter Barnes (Brockston), Nieves Navarro ('The Widow'), Gerard Herter (Baron Von Schulenberg), Fernando Sancho (Captain Segura), Maria Granada (Rosita Sanchez), Roberto Camardiel [as Robert Camardiel](Sheriff Jellico), Angel Del Pozo (Shemp Miller), Luisa Rivelli (Lizzie Miller), Tom Felleghy [as Tom Felleghi](Mr. Miller), Calisto Calisti (Mr. Lynch), Benito Stefanelli (Jess, ranch hand), Nello Pazzafini (Hondo, outlaw), Antonio Casas (Brother Smith & Wesson), José Torres (Paco Molinas), Antonio Molino Rojo [as Molino Rojo](Widow's ranch hand), Spartaco Conversi (Mitchell, Mexican jailer), Romano Puppo (Rocky, ranch hand), Barta Barry (older outlaw), Luis Gaspar (young outlaw), Francisco Braña (Widow's ranch hand), Fernando Sanchez Polack (Sheriff of Willow Creek), Luis Barboo (Widow's ranch hand), Lorenzo Robledo (Dave, pioneer), Fernando Bilbao (Widow's ranch hand), José Zalde (Mexican barber), Angelo Susani (Mexican bartender), Herman Reynoso (Mormon leader), Maribel Martin (Sarah), Attilio Dottesio (Mexican officer), Lanfranco Ceccarelli (Jack), Christine Heffernan (Willow Creek prostitute)
- Story: Franco Solinas, Fernando Morandi (see below)
- Screenplay: Sergio Donati, Sergio Sollima
- Cinematography: Carlo Carlini (Technicolor - Techniscope 2,35:1)
- Music: Ennio Morricone
- Songs: "Run, Man, Run", "Somewhere" sung by Christy
- Producers: Alberto Grimaldi, Tulio Demicheli
The screenplay by Donati and director Sollima was based on an original screenplay by Franco Solinas (Quien sabe?, Tepepa) and Fernando Morandi, which was situated on Corsica, but then transferred into a SW setting. In that course the screenplay was so much altered that (similar to Il Mercenario) Solinas was only named in the credits for the idea.
Jonathan Corbett (Lee van Cleef), a bounty hunter, is assigned to follow Cuchillo (Tomas Milian) who has allegedly committed a rape. A rich landowner encourages Corbett, who hopes to help Corbett stand for senator once he has succeeded in his quest. Corbett embarks on a manhunt through Texas and Mexico, staying on Cuchillo's tail. Corbett catches him, and Cuchillo escapes. During the course of the deadly hunt, Corbett's doubts about the manhunt grow. When the landowner shows up in Mexico to put an end to the business, the landowner confirms Corbett's suspicion. Something is amiss and only a showdown will suffice when everything comes to light.