From The Spaghetti Western Database
NEW For the first time ever on a live broadcast, the SWDb's founder speaks about the website, his love for the genre, the community's mission for this website and more. Only on the one and only Spaghetti Westerns Podcast with Tom and Jay
Watch the Spaghetti Westerns Podcast every Saturday 3pm EST.
See podcast archive and show notes
NEW DVDs and BluRays, books and CDs - updated daily: Spaghetti Western DVD news
Welcome to The Spaghetti Western Database, the global Eurowestern film encyclopedia and community. Have you checked out Tom and Jay's Podcast?
Introduction | Top 20 | Films | Books | DVD & BluRay | Reviews | Pictures | Join the Forums | Hall of Fame
- New book: MORE SONS OF RINGO: 15 Great Spaghetti Western Heroes + 1
- Artus films catalog, Eureka Entertainment catalog
- Brand new: The Spaghetti Western Digest Issue 3
- We added some books to the database that we hadn't listed, these are La rivoluzione. Sergio Leone, C'era una volta il cinema. I miei film, la mia vita, Sergio Leone: il cinema come favola politica, Sergio Leone: Cinema as Political Fable, Desenfunda, forastero! Clásicos perdidos y nuevas joyas del wéstern, La Almería del Cine and also its translation Almeria in Film. Please do let the SWDb know about books in all languages about the spaghetti western, thank you.
NEW ON HOME VIDEO
- Vengeance Trails box set (USA,UK,Canada), The Valdez Horses (USA, Canada)
- Django 4K UltraHD BluRay re-release by Arrow Video with HDR
- Three new titles from Explosive Media will arrive in April, check out the Explosive Media catalog
- 4k UltraHD release of the theatrical version of The Good, The Bad and The Ugly. Details can be found here
- Sad Hill Unearthed BluRay now up on Amazon UK
- A Bullet for the President aka The Price Of Power
- New review by Phil H for Alberto Cardone's redemption western Kidnapping as part of it's Film of the Month revamp. Read it HERE
- Day of Anger
- The Silent Stranger
- Django Kill... if you live, shoot!
- New: Mutiny at Fort Sharp review
- New: Django Kill... If You Live, Shoot! Bluray review
- New: The Great Silence film review
- Massacre Time BluRay review
- In the Bleak Midwinter - A Closer Look at Sergio Merolle’s A Taste of Death
- Amigos BluRay Besprechung
Sir Christopher Frayling's new book "Once Upon A Time In The West: Shooting a Masterpiece" chronicles the making of the - arguably - greatest western movie ever made. The book boasts a brand new foreword by director Quentin Tarantino. Sergio Leone's film Once Upon a Time in the West set out to be the ultimate Western a celebration of the power of classic Hollywood cinema, a meditation on the making of America, and a lament for the decline of one of the most cherished film genres in the form of a 'dance of death'. With this film, Leone said a fond farewell to the noisy and flamboyant world of the Italian Western, which he had created with A Fistful of Dollars and sequels (1964-6), and aimed for something much more ambitious an exploration of the relationship between myth ('Once Upon a Time...'), history ('...in the West') and his own autobiography as an avid film-goer.... Learn more
By country: TURKEY • UK • MEXICO • ITALY • FRANCE • GERMANY • SPAIN
By label: Koch Films • Explosive Media • Wild East • Arrow Video • Blue Underground • Colosseo Film • Kino Lorber Studio Classics • Artus Films