Amico mio, frega tu... che frego io!
Amico mio, frega tu... che frego io! (Italy 1973 / Director: Demofilo Fidani) [as Miles Deem])
- Runtime: 94 min
- Release Date: 18.2.1973
Also known as
Anything for a Friend (U.S.A.) | Everything for a Friend (U.S.A.) | Colorado - Zwei Halunken im Goldrausch (Germany) | Quatro ases para perder (Spain) | Een waardevolle vriend (Netherlands) | No Rastro Do Ouro Maldito (Brazil)
Cast and crew
- Cast: Ettore Manni [as Red/Fred Carter](Jonas Dickerson), Andrés Resino [as Bud Randall](Mark Tabor), Sleepy Warren (Tripper/Denver), Angela Portaluri (Concepcion), Federico Boido [as Rick Boyd](Teddy), Gordon Mitchell (Mulieta / Muller / Miller), Simonetta Vitelli [as Simone Blondell](Pearl), Carla Mancini (Consuelo), Raimondo Toscano (Pops, the village idiot), Benito Pacifico [as Dennis Colt](henchman), Amerigo Castrighella [as Custer Gail](Thomas), Enzo Pulcrano [as Paul Crain] (participant in the saloon brawl), Antonio Basile (saloon brawler), Luciano Conti (Fred's brother), Michele Branca (Fred), Vinicio Raimondi (first card sharp)
- Also with: Giuseppe Namio (second card sharp), Gualtiero Rispoli (padre), Marcello Meconizzi (brawler)
- Story: Demofilo Fidani, Filippo Perrone, Mila Vitelli
- Screenplay: Demofilo Fidani, Mila Vitelli, Filippo Perrone
- Cinematography: Claudio Morabito (Eastmancolor - widescreen)
- Music: Lallo Gori
- Producer: Demofilo Fidani
Two 'friends', Jonas and Mark, who live by cheating and squandering their money in saloons meet a crazy old man who tells them that gold has been discovered in the Rocky Mountains. The whole town moves, with dreams of becoming rich, but they are bitterly disappointed when on their way home they are robbed by Mulieta and his vicious gang of outlaws. Jonathan and Mark are spurred into action and decide to fight Mulieta's gang and retrieve their gold.
Prolific filmmaker Demofilo Fidani directed this dreadful spaghetti western under the pseudonym "Miles Deem." Ettore Manni (using the name Red Carter) plays Jonas Dickerson, a two-bit conman who discovers gold in Dead Man's Gulch along with his partner Mark (Bud Randall). Gordon Mitchell turns in an amusing performance as the sleazy Muller/Mulieta, who tries to turn the town into a den of vice before being brought down by Jonas and Mark. Typical Fidani touches, such as a sheriff with hemorrhoids, do not make the film any less dull, but a familiar cast including Simone Blondell, Dennis Colt, Carla Mancini, and Sleepy Warren do make it a bit less painful. Rick Boyd (aka Federico Boido) also appears.