From The Spaghetti Western Database
Arizona Colt (Italy, France 1966 / Director: Michele Lupo)
- Runtime: 116 Min
- Release Date: 27.8.66
Also known as
The Man from Nowhere (U.S.A.) | Il pistolero di Arizona (Italy) | Halleluja Companeros (German) | 50.000 Dollar för Arizona Colt (Sweden) | Arizona Colt (France) | Arizona Colt (Spain) | Minamikarakita Yojinbo (Japan)
Cast and Crew
- Cast: Giuliano Gemma (Arizona Colt), Fernando Sancho (Torrez 'Gordo' Watch), Roberto Camardiel (Double Whiskey), Corinne Marchand (Jane / Jacqueline), Nello Pazzafini (Kay / Clay), Andrea Bosic (Pete / Pedro), Mirko Ellis (sheriff), Gérard Lartigau (Jack / John), Rosalba Neri (Dolores), Pietro Tordi (preacher), Gianni Solaro (banker), Valentino Macchi, Renato Chiantoni (undertaker), Tom Felleghy (Will), José Manuel Martín (Watch henchman), Emma Baron, Pietro Ceccarelli (as Otto Rock)(rancher), Piero Morgia, José Orjas, Riccardo Pizzuti (Watch henchman), Guglielmo Spoletini, José Terrón (Watch henchman), Pietro Martellanza [Peter Martell](murdered rancher), Giovanni Scarciofolo [Jeff Cameron](murdered rancher), Fortunato Arena (saloon patron), Fulvio Mingozzi (saloon patron), Elio Angelucci (townsman), Eugenio Galadini (waystation proprietor), Puccio Ceccarelli, Omero Capanna, Enrique Santiago (Watch henchman), Lucio De Santis (rancher), Bruno Arié (townsman), Franco Gulà (bank employee), Paolo Figlia (townsman), Osiride Pevarello (townsman)
- Story: Ernesto Gastaldi, Luciano Martino
- Screenplay: Ernesto Gastaldi
- Cinematography: Guglielmo Mancori [Technicolor - Techniscope 2,35:1]
- Music: Francesco De Masi
- Songs: "Arizona Colt" sung by Raoul, "From the West" sung by I Cantori Moderni di Alessandroni
- Producer: Elio Scardamaglia
This Italian/French/Spanish sagebrusher stars Giuliano Gemma as the Arizona Colt, a notorious bounty hunter. Imprisoned in a desert town, the Colt is sprung by gang leader Gordon Watch (Fernando Sancho). Instead of galloping off into the sunset, Our Hero elects to stay in town to defend its citizens from the film's real bad guys: Watch's gang.
Had Clint Eastwood and Sergio Leone had anything to do with it, Arizona Colt would probably be hailed as a classic; as it stands, it's just another spaghetti western. The film was also released as "The Man From Nowhere".