Banda J. & S. - Cronaca criminale del Far West, La
La banda J. & S. - Cronaca criminale del Far West (Italy · Germany · Spain 1972 / Director: Sergio Corbucci).
Also known asJ. and S. - storia criminale del far west (Italy) | Bandera Bandits (U.K.) | Bandits! (U.K.) | Far West Story (France) | Los Hijos del día y de la noche (Spain) | Die rote Sonne der Rache (Germany) | Sonny and Jed (U.S.A.) | Lännen karhukopla (Finland) | Grym revansch (Sweden) | Jed & Sonny (Australia) | Sony & Jed - O Bando J&S (Brazil) | The Gang of the Far West | J & S: The Criminal Story of an Outlaw Couple
- Laserdisc · VHS
- Trailers & Clips
- Essay: Sergio Corbucci and his westerns
- Forum topic
- Opinions and comments
- Full credits
- not in any lists
Jed (Tomas Milian) is an unlikely hero in this Italian western. As thoroughly unlikable a robber as ever walked the West, he nonetheless robs from the rich and gives to the poor. Not only is he a murderous, ill-tempered sort, he is bad-mannered, too. When Sonny (Susan George) decides he should be her man and teach her how to be a proper outlaw, sparks fly.
- Cast: Thomas Milian (Jed), Susan George (Sonny), Telly Savalas (Franciscus), Rosanna Yanni (Linda Garcia), Franco Giacobino (Aparacito), Eduardo Fajardo (Don Garcia), Herbert Fux (Merril, Francicus deputy), Gene Collins (Franciscus deputy), Werner Pocath (anniversary party host), Alvaro de Luna (lawman in bowler hat at party), Pilar Climent (newlywed mending Jed's shirt), Luis Aller (newlywed young Mexican), Laura Betti (bordello madame)
- Additional Spanish credits: Victor Israel (Felipe, hotel waiter), Fabián Conde (townsman), José Canalejas (Don Garcia henchman), Simón Arriaga (Sumilo, Mexican village leader), Bennie Thomas (Silvertown sheriff), José Riesgo (Little P ranch host), Ricardo Lilló (marrying padre), Juan Cazalilla, Miguel Armario (photographer), Leopoldo Francés (black ferryman), Jaime Doria (Garcia aide ?), Raphael Albaicín (Garcia bodyguard), Dan Van Heusen (outlaw), Gonzalo Esquiros (deputy at party), David Nero, Lorenzo Robledo (roulette croupier), Carmen Guardón (prostitute with forehead curl), Lucy Tiller (dark-haired prostitute), Beatriz Savón (blonde prostitute), Carmen Rodriguez Sierra
- Also with: Joaquin Parra (stagecoach shotgun), Juanito Santiago (Chico, Mexican boy), Antonio Orengo (party guest)
- Story: Sergio Corbucci
- Screenplay: Sergio Corbucci, Sabatino Ciuffini, Mario Amendola, Adriano Bolzoni, José Maria Forqué
- Cinematography: Luis Cuadrado [Technicolor, Cinescope 2,35:1]
- Music: Ennio Morricone
- Song: "Sunny" sung by I Cantori Moderni di Alessandroni
- Producer: Roberto Loyola
Section under construction. If you have information on this aspect, please let us know.
Versions and runtimes
- Runtime: 97 min
- Release Date: 11.8.72
- Colmenar viejo - Madrid
- Tabernas municipality/area and Polopos munticipality/area - Almeria
Production and business
Making-of footage with scenes from behind the scenes can be seen in the documentary Leichen pflastern seinen Ruhm. According to that documentary, principal photography started in January of '72 and took two months.
Tomas Milian dubbed his own for the Italian dub, some footage of the studio work can be seen in the documentary Leichen pflastern seinen Ruhm.