Anche nel west c'era una volta Dio
From The Spaghetti Western Database
(Redirected from Between God, the Devil and the Winchester)
Anche nel west c'era una volta Dio (Italy, Spain 1968 / Director: Marino Girolami [as Dario Silvestri])
- Runtime: 102 min
- Release Date: 7.10.1968
Also known as
Entre Dios y el diablo (Spain) | God Was Once in the West (U.K.) | Between God, the Devil and a Winchester (U.S.A.) | Den Gode, djävulen och winchester (Sweden) | Luojan ja paholaisen välissä (Finland) | Ta Tsakalia tou Rio Bravo (Greece) | Un colt et le diable (France) | Inferno no Oester (Belgium) | Een colt en de duivel (Holland) | I na Zapado je jednom postojao bpg (Yugoslavia) | Entre Dios, el diablo y el arma (Spain) | Even in the West There Was a God Once Upon a Time | God Was in the West, Too, at One Time
Cast and crew
- Cast: Richard Harrison (Father Pat Jordan), Gilbert Roland (Juan Chasquido / Jess Guido), Ennio Girolami [as Enio Girolami](Marco Serraldo), Roberto Camardiel (Uncle Pink), Dominique Boschero (Martha), Humberto Sempere (Teddy / Tommy), Raf Baldassarre (Pedro Butcher), Folco Lulli (Colonel Bob Ford), Rocco Lerro (Miguel, Butcher lieutenant), Gonzalo Esquirez, José Luis Lluch (Butcher bandit), Mirella Panfili, Luis Barboo (Zed), Xan das Bolas (Hoagie, peddler), Enzo G. Castellari, José Maria Ecenarro, Rafael de la Rosa, José Sacristan, José Sanchez
- Story: Marino Girolami based on "Treasure Island" by Robert Luis Stevenson
- Screenplay: Tito Carpi, Manuel Martinez Remis, Amedeo Sollazo
- Cinematography: Pablo Ripoll, Alberto Fusi [Technicolor - Techniscope 2,35:1]
- Music: Carlo Savina
- Song: "Heart of Stone" sung by Raoul
- Producer: Rafael Marina
A map marks the hiding place of a stolen treasure. Many people are after it but it's Tommy, an orphan, who finds it and leaves with his uncle, a priest and two Mexicans for the insidious Sierra Blanca.
The SW version of Treasure Island, but without an Island, without a wooden leg, without a parrot. Well enough made by veteran director Marino Girolami (the father of Enzo and Ennio, who also is here present as actor), but not well enough to turn the unconvincing screenplay into an entertaining picture. Gilbert Roland, as charismatic as ever in the Long John Silver role, is the main attraction of the film.
The circuitous Italian title can be translated to "Even in the West There Was a God Once Upon a Time".