Giorni dell'ira, I
Also known asDay of Anger (U.S.A.) | Der Tod ritt dienstags (Germany) | Gigantes em duelo (Portugal) | Días de Ira (Spain) | El dia de la ira (Spain) | Sormi Liipasimella (Finland) | Dni gniewu (Poland) | Le dernier jour de la colere (France) | On m'appelle saligo (France) | En främling kom för att hämnas (Sweden) | Blood and Grit (U.K.) | Gunlaw (U.K.) | 怒りの荒野 Ikarino Koya (Japan) | Days of Wrath | Dny hněvu (Czech Republic) | روز های خشم (Iran) | Dias De Ira (Brazil)
This 1967 spaghetti western stars a master of that genre, Lee Van Cleef, as an aging gunfighter. In an effort to regain his fearsome reputation, Van Cleef shoots down a local Sheriff. He then finds he must deal with his young protégé, Giuliano Gemma, who happened to be the Sheriff's best friend. The climactic showdown finds Van Cleef facing down his former pupil, Gemma, with each man knowing the other's every move and thought. Also known as Day of Anger, this superior Italian oater was directed by onetime Sergio Leone assistant, Tonino Valerii.
- Cast: Lee Van Cleef (Frank Talby), Giuliano Gemma (Scott Mary), Walter Rilla (Murph Allan Short), Christa Linder (Gwen/Betty), Yvonne Sanson (Vivien Skill), Ennio Balbo (Turner), Lukas Ammann (Judge Cutcher), Anna Orso (Ellie/Eileen Cutcher), Andrea Bosic (Able Murray), Giorgio Gargiullo (Marshall/Sheriff Nigel), Jose Calvo [as Pepe Calvo](Blind Bill), Hans-Otto Alberty (blond deputy), Ferruccio Viotti (Sam Corbitt), Benito Stefanelli (Owen White), Al Mulock (Wild Jack), Romano Puppo (Hart Perkins), Nino Nini (Doctor), Franco Balducci (Slim), Ricardo Palacios (Bowie cantina owner), Paolo Magalotti (Deputy Cross), Vladimir Medar (Old Man Perkins), Mauro Mannatrizio (Mackenzie Perkins), Nazareno Natale (Wild Jack henchman), Sergio Mendizabel (Wild Jack henchman), Alvaro de Luna (Wild Jack henchman), Fulvio Mingozzi (Turner's assistant), Virgilio Gazzolo (Mr. Barton), Eleonora Morana (Mrs. Barton), Christian Consola, Gianni Di Segni, Omero Capanna
- Novel Basis: "Der Tod ritt Dienstags" by Ron Baker
- Screenplay: Ernesto Gastaldi, Renzo Genta, Tonino Valerii
- Cinematography: Enzo Serafin [Technicolor - Techniscope 2,35:1]
- Music: Riz Ortolani
- Song: "It's Time to Go" sung by Christa Linder
- Producers: Enrico Chrosciscki, Alfonso Sansone
The theme was used in "Kill Bill"
Versions and runtimes
- Runtime: 115 min
- The international version runs approximately 85min (included on UK/US BluRay), but includes a scene not included in the original version (included on BluRay).
- There is also a German cut of the film that runs approx 109min.
- Comparison between Italian and international version
- Release Date: 19.12.67
Cabo de Gata, Tabernas - Almeria
Production and business
The English language version feature's Lee van Cleef's own voice.