L'ira di Dio
L'ira di Dio (Italy, Spain 1968 / Director: Alberto Cardone [as Albert Cardiff])
- Runtime: 96 min
- Release Date: 24.8.1968
Also known as
Hasta la última gota de sangre (Spain) | Ein Silberdollar für den Toten (Germany) | Lonesome - Der Zorn Gottes (Germany) | Les 7 enragés du Texas (France) | Wrath of God (USA) | Simademenos apo ton Theo (Greece) | A Ira de Deus (Brazil)
Cast and crew
- Cast: Brett Halsey [as Montgomery Ford] (Mike Barnett), Fernando Sancho (Burd), Wayde Preston (Logan), Dana Ghia (saloon singer), Renato Rossini [as Howard Ross] (Jesse), Franco Fantasia (Mark), Paolo Todisco (killer with the scar), Antonio Padilla (killer), Adalberto Rosseti, Claudio Trionfi, Ángel Del Pozo (David)
- Also with: Franco Gulà (Morris, deputy), Carlo Pisacane (Sam), Aysanoa Runachagua (killer)
- Story: Alberto Cardone, Italo Gasperini
- Screenplay: Alberto Cardone, Jose Luis Martinez Molla, Ugo Guerra, Italo Gasperini
- Cinematography: Mario Pacheco (Eastmancolor, Panoramico 1,66:1)
- Music: Michele Lacerenza
- Producer: Ugo Guerra, Elio Scardamaglia
Mike (Brett Halsey) returns home in order to leave his gunfighting days behind him and settle down on a farm with his old sweetheart but things do not go as planned. Finding Jane murdered, Mike is set upon and left for dead by her 7 killers who also steal his life savings of $10,000; all in $50 dollar bills. They leave only seven dollars and Mike vows to track down every man, paying him back with a solitary dollar and death.
Average episodic revenge western in which the screenplay and the directing complement one another for the lack of ideas. The episodes in the jail and the desert are the best, while in the final episode the film hits rock bottom with the story's resolution.