Johnny West il mancino
From The Spaghetti Western Database
Johnny West il mancino (Italy, Spain, France 1965 / Director: Gianfranco Parolini)
- Runtime: 98 min
- Release Date: 27.8.1965
Also known as
Les frères dynamite (France) | Johnny West le gaucher (France) | Johnny West (Spain) | Left Handed Johnny West (U.S.A.) | Johnny West und die verwegenen drei (Germany)
Cast and crew
- Cast: Mimmo Palmara [as Dick Palmer](Johnny 'Cherokee' West), Dada Gallotti [as Diana Garsón](Ginger), Adriano Micantoni [as Mike Anthony](Fred Jefferson/Jackson, Chris Jefferson/Jackson), Roger Delaporte (Don Trent), André Bollet (Brad McCoy), Mara Cruz (Anne Rose), Roberto Camardiel (Dusty), Bernabe Barta Barri [as Bartha Barry](Sheriff 'Mac' McIntire), Bob Felton (Jimmy Bryan), Giuseppe Mattei [as Joseph Mathews](Red, Jefferson henchman), Spartaco Conversi [as Spanny Convery](Jeff, Jefferson henchman), Alfonso de la Vega [as Alfonso Della Vega](Mist, Jefferson henchman), Alfonso Rojas (Ivan), Josefina Serratosa (fat squaw), Angeles Lee, Fernando Bilbao (Jose, comanchero), Polly Grouck, Audry Fischer, Edy Dentine, Greg Stone, Dean Morton, Bruno Arié (Jefferson henchman), Roberto Robles
- Screenplay: Jerez Aloza, Robert de Nesle, Gianfranco Parolini, Giovanni Simonelli
- Cinematography: Francesco Izzarelli [Eastmancolor - Panoramico 1,66:1]
- Music: Angelo Francesco Lavagnino
- Song: "Johnny West" sung by Katyna Ranieri
- Producer: Giuseppe Fatigati
Lone gunman Johnny West and his dog, Gypsy, fall foul of twin bad men who have designs on a gold mine. After having his gun hand crushed, Johnny is joined by 2 feuding ex-boxers and their explosive expert sidekick as they all take on the villains, restore the mine to it's rightful inheritor and face down the twins.
Johnny West is a minor but enjoyable SW, in which scenes of silly humour are alternating in a strange way with more typical SW elements. It's an early genre contribution by director Gianfranco Parolini, whose trademarks, pointing to his later and more successful SWs featuring Sartana and Sabata, are already visible.