From The Spaghetti Western Database
El Macho (Italy 1977 / Director: Marcello Andrei [as Mark Andrew])
- Runtime: 107 min
- Release Date: 12.5.1977
Also known as
Macho Killers (U.S.A.)
- Cast: Carlos Monzon (Kid "El Macho" / Buzzard), George Hilton ("The Duke" Hidalgo), Malisa Longo (Helen / Kelly), Susanna Giminez (Susanna / Soledad), Giuseppe Castellano (Ross), Benito Stefanelli (sheriff), Bruno di Luia (Gunner), Maria Marselli, Attilio Severini, Gilberto Galimberti (deputy), Michele Branca, Lorenzo Bruni, Alfonsina Cotungo, Vittorio Fanfoni (Angel, innkeeper), Giuseppina Grimaudo, Enzo Maggio (Sam), Bruno Arié (poker player), Sergio Serafini, Calisto Calisti
- Story: Fabio Pittorru
- Screenplay: Marcello Andrei (as Mark Andrew), Fabio Pittorru
- Cinematography: Luciano Trasatti [Gevacolor - Panoramico 1,78:1]
- Music: Marcello Ramoino
- Song: “El Macho” sung by Sammy Bardot
- Producers: Riccardo Billi, Alberto Pani, Nicola Vinzi
El Macho is forced to impersonate a dead outlaw killed while stealing a gold shipment. With the help of Kelly he’s able to locate Hidalgo and his outlaw gang.
Cheap standard SW with an ugly hero. Maybe better than its reputation, but mainly remembered as George Hilton's farewell to the genre.