From The Spaghetti Western Database
Die Hölle von Manitoba (West Germany, Spain 1965 / Director: Sheldon Reynolds (as Ralph Gideon))
- Runtime: 93 min
- Release Date: 27.7.1965
Also known as
Un lugar llamado Glory (Spain) | A Place Called Glory (U.S.A.) | Um lugar chamado Pólvora (Portugal) | Die Unbesiegbaren (Germany) | Die Hölle von Manitoba (Germany) | Die weiße Hölle von Manitoba (Austria) | L'enfer du Manitoba (France) | Sfida a Glory City (Italy) | Manitoban helvetti (Finland) | Enas apo tous dyo mas tha pethani... (Greece) | Glory City | Kanunsuzlar (Turkey) | Peklo Manitoby (Czech Republic)
Cast and crew
- Cast: Lex Barker (Clint Brenner), Pierre Brice (Reese), Marianne Koch (Jade Grande), Gèrard Tichy (Jack Villaine/Vallone/Joe), Ángel del Pozo (Josh), Aldo Sambrell (Jake), Antonio Molino Rojo (Jeb), Víctor Israel (hotel clerk), Wolfgang Lukschy (Charley), Hans Nielsen (poker player), Alfonso Rojas (poker player), Jorge Rigaud (Seth Grande), Carlos Casaravilla (Judge Richter), Santiago Ontañón (mayor), Alberto Dalbes (sheriff), Miguel Angel Gil (Sam), Luis Barboo (gunman), Roberto Martín, Ángel Menendez, Gaspar Gonzalez (diner), Moisés Augusto Rocha (gunman)
- Story: Jerold Hayden Boyd (as F.X. Toole)
- Screenplay: Jerold Hayden Boyd (as F.X. Toole), Edward Di Lorenzo, Fernando Lamas
- Cinematography: Federico G. Larraya [Technicolor, Techniscope 2,35:1]
- Music: Ángel Arteaga
- Producers: Artur Brauner, Miguel De Echarri
In this western, the town of Glory prepares to stage its annual Founder's Day showdown on Main Street. The guest gunslingers this year are two notorious gunmen, but a mysterious stranger shows up to tell the Mayor that he has recently killed one of the scheduled gunfighters and now intends to take his place in the contest.
Nothing in the film indicates any reason why they came up with the name "Manitoba". Marianne Koch is also in A Fistful of Dollars. Lex Barker and Pierre Brice also star in a series of Karl May adaptations. The movie features some common spaghetti western faces, such as Aldo Sambrell.