Pistolero dell'Ave Maria, Il
Il pistolero dell'Ave Maria (Italy · Spain 1969 / Director: Ferdinando Baldi).
Also known asThe Forgotten Pistolero (USA) | Tierra de gigantes (Spain) | El pistolero olvidado (Spain) | Cruel venganza (Spain) | Seine Kugeln pfeifen das Todeslied (Germany) | 3 Kugeln für ein Ave Maria (Germany) | O pistoleiro esquecido (Portugal / Brasil) | Döden rider igen (Sweden) | Viva Pistolero (Sweden) | Den Bortglömda Gunfightern (Sweden) | Les pistoleros de l'Ave Maria (France) | Le dernier des salauds (France) | Zaboravijeni revolveraš (Yugoslavia) | Gunmen of the Ave Maria | O Pistoleiro Da Ave Maria (Brazil) | アヴェ・マリアのガンマン Ave Maria no gunman (DVD title, Japan) | The Forgotten Pistoleros
Based on the tales of Orestes from Greek mythology, this film tells the story of Sebastian who was swept away from his home as a small child during a massacre orchestrated by his unfaithful mother and her lover which ultimately resulted in the death of his father. Many years later, his childhood friend Rafael finds him living quietly on a farm but, after dredging up Sebastian’s forgotten past, the pair decide to set out on a road to revenge that ultimately culminates with one of the more memorable finales in the genre.
- Cast (Italian): Leonard Mann (Sebastian Carrasco), Luciana Paluzzi (Anna Carrasco), Pietro Martellanz [as Peter Martell] (Rafael Garcia), Alberto de Mendoza (Tomas), Pilar Velázquez (Isabella Carrasco), José Suárez (General Juan Carrasco), Piero Lulli (Francisco), José Manuel Martín (Miguel), Luciano Rossi (Juanito / Ignacio), Barbara Nelli [as Barbara Nelly](Melina), Mirella Pompili (Inez), Franco Pesce (saloon bartender), Franco Gulà [as Francesco Gulà](preacher), Nicola Solari, Silvana Bacci (Conchita, dancer), Eugenio Galadini (Chico, old drunkard), José Riesgo (Francisco henchman)
- Uncredited actors: Enzo Fiermonte (padre), Osiride Pevarello (Tomas henchman), Renzo Pevarello (Francisco henchman), José Terrón (Francisco henchman), Antonio Basile (Miguel henchman), Rafael Albaicin (soldier w/Juan Carrasco)
- Screenplay: Federico De Urrutia, Piero Anchisi, Vincenzo Cerami, Ferdinando Baldi, Mario di Nardo
- Cinematography: Mario Montuori [Eastmancolor, widescreen 1,85:1]
- Music: Franco Micalizzi + Roberto Pregadio
- Producer: Manolo Bolognini
- Based on a greek tragedy.
Versions and runtimes
- Runtime: 88 min
- October 17, 1969 (Italy)
- El atazar - Madrid
Production and business
- Filming Dates: July - August 1969