Sartana nella valle degli avvoltoi
Sartana nella valle degli avvoltoi (Italy 1970 / Director: Roberto Mauri)
Also known asSartana en el valle de oro (Spain) | Sartana in the Valley of Death (USA/UK) | Ballad of Death Valley (USA/UK) | Der Gefürchtete (Germany) | Sartana dans la vallee des vautours (France) | Sartana no Vale dos Abutres (Portugal) | Balladen om den döda dalen (Sweden) | Sartana No Vale Dos Gaviões (Brazil)
- BluRay · DVD
- Laserdisc · VHS
- Trailers & Clips
- Forum Topic
- Opinions and comments
- Not currently on any lists.
The story concerns gunman Lee Calloway (William Berger), who agrees to help three outlaws break out of jail in exchange for half of their stolen gold. Calloway carries through with his end of the bargain, but the outlaws betray him and leave him in the desert to die. After wandering for days, Calloway is rescued by Esther (Pamela Tudor), who nurses him back to health only to trick him as well in order to collect a reward for his life.
- Cast: William Berger (Lee Calloway / Sartana), Wayde Preston (Anthony Douglas / Jason Craig), Aldo Berti (George Douglas / Copper Craig), Jolanda Modio [as Iolando Modio](Juanita), Carlo Giordana (Slim Craig/Douglas), Franco De Rosa (Peter Douglas / Willie Craig), Gaetano Imbrò (deputy), Claudio Aponte, Josiane Marie Tanzilli (Carmencita / Clementine), Luciano Pigozzi [as Allan Collins](Paco / Preacher), Pamela Tudor (Esther, widow), Betsy Bell (saloon singer)
- Also with: Franco Ressel (Norton), Bruno Arié (Chuckles, Craig outlaw), Franco Ukmar (Craig outlaw), Clemente Ukmar (Norton bank guard), Sergio Testori (Norton bank guard), Alfonso Giganti (cantina barman), Roberto Danesi (cantina trouble maker), Antonio Danesi (cantina customer), Tony Casale (saloon guest)
- Story: Roberto Mauri
- Screenplay: Roberto Mauri
- Cinematography: Sandro Mancori [Technicolor - Techniscope 2,35:1]
- Music: Augusto Martelli
- Song: "A King for a Day" sung by Betsy Bell
- Producer: Enzo Boetani
One of seventeen sequels to Gianfranco Parolini's 1968 spaghetti western Sartana, this slow-moving entry has very little, if anything, to do with the series.
Versions and runtimes
- Runtime: 95 min
- International version missing about 15mins.
- Release Date: 15.8.1970
- Elios Studios, Rome
- Cascate di Monte Gelato, Mazzano Romano, Rome
Production and business
Rights holder: Minerva
German dub has Horst Frank dubbing William Berger. Other voices are Arnold Marquis (Jason Craig), Thomas Piper ("Der Huster") and Ruth-Maria Kubitscheck (the widow).