Sette pistole per un massacro
From The Spaghetti Western Database
Sette pistole per un massacro (Italy, Spain 1967 / Director: Mario Caiano)
- Runtime: 88 min
- Release Date: 29.4.1967
Also known as
Adios, Hombre (Italy) | Hondo spara più forte (Italy) | Adios Hombré (France) | Con el corazón en la garganta (Spain) | Hondo dispara más fuerte (Spain, working title) | Seven Pistols for a Massacre (U.S.A.) | Das Todeslied von Laramie (Germany) | Das Todeslied (Germany) | Einen Whisky als Kopfgeld | Adios Hombre (Brazil)
Cast and crew
- Cast: Craig Hill (Will Flaherty), Giulia Rubini (Peggy, saloon proprietor), Piero Lulli (Luke Brabham), Eduardo Fajardo (Tiny / Tilly), Nazzareno Zamperla (Tom, Peggy's brother), Jacques Herlin (Mr. Pink/Pim), Nello Pazzafini (King, Tiny henchman), Massimo Carocci (Ziggy / Nick, Tiny henchman), Pino Polidori (Charlie, Tiny lieutenant), Natale Nazzareno (Brisbee deputy), Tomas Picó (coin flip loser), Roberto Camardiel (Doc, Tiny partner), Eleanora Vargas (Judith, dance troupe leader)
- Also with: Caterina Trentini [as Kathleen Parker (poster)] (dancer), Spartaco Conversi (Pat, Bisbee sheriff), Goffredo Unger (Bisbee deputy), Antonio Danesi (Brisbee stagecoach driver), Osiride Pevarello (blacksmith), Mario Ghignone (Sam, bartender), Luigi Ciavarro (Little Tucson deputy), Renzo Pevarello (Kid, Tiny henchman), Gianfranco Clerici (Pablo, Tiny henchman), Riccardo Petrazzi (Joe, Tiny henchman in stable), Rinaldo Zamperla (Tiny henchman), Arnaldo Dell'Acqua (band drummer), Franco Ukmar (village idiot), Vincenzo De Palo (dancers stagecoach shotgun), Alberigo Donadeo (saloon patron), Franco Moruzzi (townsman in saloon), Giancarlo Ukmar (saloon brawler)
- Screenplay: Eduardo M. Brochero
- Cinematography: Julio Ortas [Eastmancolor - Panoramico 1,66:1]
- Music: Francesco De Masi
- Song: "The Only Girl He Loved" sung by July Ray
- Producer: Bianco Manini
Tiny and his gang try to rob a bank, but the safe is empty. Waiting for the announced gold transport they hold the whole town captive. Amongst them is Will Flaherty who has escaped from prison to prove his innocence.
Some bad guys trash a saloon and kill a lot of people while waiting for a shipment of gold to arrive at the local bank in this entertaining Spaghetti Western from the director of "Amanti dei Oltretomba". Eduardo Fajardo is as evil and over the top as usual, while Craig Hill is the hero of the piece as an ex-con (wrongfully accused, of course) who saves the day. Director Mario Caiano worked extensively in Westerns (Il Mio Nome e Shanghai Joe is marvelous), but is best known as a horror director, as is this film's co-cinematographer Sergio Martino (I Corpi Presentano Tracce di Violenza Carnale). Genre enthusiasts will recognize Nello Pazzafini, Spartaco Conversi and Roberto Camardiel among the cast.
A film which doesn't make any real effort with anything in it, so that a basically promising story is wasted in an average actioner.