From The Spaghetti Western Database
Te deum (Italy, Spain 1972 / Director: Enzo G. Castellari)
- Runtime: 102 min
- Release Date: 5.12.1972
Also known as
Tedeum (Spain) | Tedeum - Jeder Hieb ein Prankenschlag (Germany) | Father Jackleg (U.K.) | Sting of the West (U.S.A.) | Sore in the Saddle (Australia) | Tedeum - Tar hem potten (Sweden) | Tedeum - Um Pistoleiro em Apuros (Brazil) | Tedeum - Lännen rämäpää (Finland) | Te deum (France) | Tedeum, i pio dynati grothia (Greece)
Cast and crew
- Cast: Jack Palance (Buck Santini, Father Jackleg), Giancarlo Prete (as Timothy Brent)(Tedeum), Lionel Stander (Stinky Manure), Francesca Romana Coluzzi (Betty Brown), Ana Suriani [as Mabel Karin](Wendy Brown), Eduardo Fajardo (Grant), Riccardo Garrone (sheriff), Miguel Pedregosa, María Vico (Ma Manure), Rocco Lerro (Blake), Renzo Palmer (Rags Manure), Ángel Álvarez (Billy, auctioneer), Dante Cleri (harried train passenger), Giulio Massimini (train maitre d'), Bruno Boschetti (train bartender), Michele Spadaro, Carla Calò, Carla Mancini, Franco Borelli (Morgan bank messenger)
- Also with: Paolo Figlia (man at water trough), Ettore Mattia (Smith, attorney), Joaquin Solís (beer wagon driver), Gianclaudio Jabes (sheriff on train), Claudio Ruffini (Grant henchman), Stefania Girolami (young girl w/glasses), Ivan Palance (rich man on train), Karl Braun (miner),
- Story: Gianni Simonelli, José Gutiérrez Maesso, Enzo Girolami
- Screenplay: Tito Carpi, Giovanni Simonelli, Enzo Girolami, José Gutiérrez Maesso
- Cinematography: Manuel Rojas [Technicolor - Cinemascope 2,35:1]
- Music: Guido & Maurizio De Angelis
- Producer: Franco Palaggi, Virgilio De Blasi
Jack Palance and Giancarlo Prete play a pair of frontier sharpsters who are trying to sell a supposedly worthless gold mine. When the mine turns out to be real, our two misfits, along with their inept entourage, must try and recover the deed to the mine in this slapstick SW.
Another harebrained comedy full of forced silliness. In parts funny, in parts only daft. The leading player, Giancarlo Prete, tries himself as a Giuliano Gemma imitator and Jack Palance as a false monk is not as bad as one might think.