Ultimo killer, L'
From The Spaghetti Western Database
L'ultimo killer (Italy 1967 / Director: Giuseppe Vari)
- Runtime: 87 min
- Release Date: 10.8.1967
Also known as
Django l'ultimate killer | Django, the Last Killer | Django the Last Gunfighter | The Ultimate Killer | Rocco - Ich leg' dich um | El ultimo pistolero | Le dernier tueur | Django de laatste killer | O Último Assassino | Cangonun Sonu | Django, o Último Killer | Poslednji Ubica |
Cast and crew
- Cast: Luigi Montefiore [as George Eastman](Ramón 'Chico'), Dragomir Bojanic [as Anthony Ghidra](Raza / Rezza / Rocco / Django), Dana Ghia (Lola), Mirko Ellis (Stevens), Gianni Medici [as John Hamilton](Bart / Burt), Daniele Vargas (John Barrett), Giuseppe Addobbati [as John McDouglas](Ramón's father), Fabio Coplan [as Fred Coplan](Slim), Paolo Figlia [as Frank Fargas](Mack McRay), Valentino Macchi, Anton de Cortes, John Matthews, Paolo Reale [as Paul Real], Max Fraser (gambler cheated by Bart), Giulio Maculani (sheriff)
- Also with: Remo Capitani (Barrett henchman), Giuseppe Castellano (Barrett henchman), Enrico Casadei (Barrett henchman), Amerigo Castrighella (Barrett henchman)
- Story: Victor Catena (as Victor Cabot), Arthur Frank
- Screenplay: Augusto Caminito
- Cinematography: Angelo Filippini [Technicolor, Techniscope 2,35:1]
- Music: Roberto Pregadio
- Producer: Franco Committeri, Luciano Pappalardo, Mario Rossi
- Maestro d'armi: Giulio Maculani
After his parents are killed by the men of landowner John Barrett, Ramon, trying to get revenge is wounded, but has saved by chance, the life of Rezza, an old disillusioned killer. While nursing his wounds, the men become sort of friends and Rezza teaches Ramon the art of shooting and surviving and also the philosophy of the loneliness a killer has to bear. When the talented Ramon becomes a real threat for Barrett, the landowner engages Rezza to kill Ramon.
Excellent and intelligent variation of the teacher and pupil story, with a good score by Roberto Pregadio. Anthony Ghidra gives a charismatic performance as the old killer, while George Eastman is surprisingly good as a Mexican of unusual height. The film is mostly flawlessly directed by the talented Guiseppe Vari, whose best genre contribution this is.