...e per tetto un cielo di stelle
From The Spaghetti Western Database
...e per tetto un cielo di stelle (Italy 1968 / Director: Giulio Petroni )
- Runtime: 97 min
- Release Date: 14.8.1968
Also known as
A Sky Full Of Stars For A Roof (U.S.A.) | And For a Roof a Sky Full of Stars | Amigos (Germany) | Quem dispara primeiro (Portugal/Brazil) | Amigos - Die (B)Engel lassen Grüssen (Germany) | Teksasin taivaan alla (Finland) | En kugle i panden (Denmark) | Teksasin raivaan alla (Finland) | La belle etoile (France) | Ciel de plomb (France) | Por techo las estrellas (Spain) | Duell under stjärnorna (Sweden) | Their Roof was a Sky Full of Stars (U.K.) | Billy Boy (U.K.) | Billy Boy, to pio grigoro pistoli (Greece) | Ekdikisis stin kiolada ton keravnon (Greece) | Grigoros san astrapi, viaios san kataigida (Greece)
Cast and crew
- Cast: Giuliano Gemma (Tim Larry), Mario Adorf (Henry/Harry Jim), Magda Konopka (Ankam/Witwe/Vedova/Dorothy McDonald), Rick Boyd (Roger Pratt), Julie Menard (Donna/Sirene), Anthony Dawson (Samuel Pratt), Franco Balducci (Brent), Sandro Dori (Donna/Sirene's man), Peter Branco (Frank Brana), Ivan Scratuglia, Franco Lantieri, Chris Huerta (stagecoach passenger), Victor Israel (inn keeper), Angiolino Rizzieri, Paolo Magalotti (as Piero Magalotti)(Pratt henchman), Benito Stefanelli (Pratt henchman), Alfonso de la Vega, Nello Pazzafini, Esmeralda Barros, John Bartha (Mr. Lawrence), Luciano Bonanni (townsman), Alberto Dell'Acqua (saloon brawler), Renato Piniciroli (preacher, Riccardo Pizzuti (poker player), Mimmo Poli (shop keeper), Osiride Pevarello, Omero Capanna, Franco Daddi
- Story: Stefano Strucchi, Fausto Sacaceni
- Screenplay: Alberto Areal, Francesco Martino, Bernardino Zapponi
- Cinematography: Carlo Carlini [Eastmancolor, Cromoscope]
- Music: Ennio Morricone
- Producers: Gianni Hecht Lucari, Fausto Saraceni
The bandit Pratt, looking for Tim, who is responsible for the death of his two sons, attacks a caravan killing all the passengers. Harry, the vagabond, after having robbed the dead, casually meets Tim and they become friends. Running away together from Pratt, they reach Harry's farm, but their hiding place is soon discovered...
The film starts and ends in a quite violent way, but in-between turns into an episodic comedy about the growing, but troubled friendship between a crook and his slightly dumb partner, which foreshadows the Trinita films. The mixture of styles is a bit odd at times in this entertaining, but minor SW.