Difference between revisions of "Al di là della legge"
From The Spaghetti Western Database
|Line 4:||Line 4:|
* [[/DVD|Available DVDs]]
* [[/DVD|Available DVDs]]
Revision as of 18:18, 14 February 2020
Al di là della legge (Italy, West Germany 1968 / Director: Giorgio Stegani)
- Runtime: 115 min
- Release Date: 10.4.1968
Also known as
Beyond the Law (U.S.A.) | The Good Die First (U.S.A.) | Bloodsilver (U.K.) | The Last Bill is Yours (U.K.) | The Outrider (U.K.) | Die Letzte Rechnung zahlst Du selbst (Germany) | De laatste rekening betaal je zelf (The Netherlands) | Sheriffen i Silvertown (Denmark) | Mas alla de la ley (Spain) | Pas de pitie pour les salopards (France) | Turpa tukkoon (Finland) | Az utolso szamlat te fizeted (Hungary) | Utenfor loven (Norway) | Do diabła z prawem! (Poland) | Sheriffen i Silvertown (Sweden) | À Margem da lei (Portugal) | O Dia da Lei (Brazil) | Acima Da Lei (Brazil) | Pio pera apo ton nomo (Greece) | I teleftaia sfaira gia ton serifi (Greece) | Mimo zákon (Czech Republic)
Cast and crew
- Cast: Lee Van Cleef (Joe Billy Cudlip), Antonio Sabato (Ben Novak), Lionel Stander (Preacher), Graziella Granata (Sally Davis), Bud Spencer (James Cooper), Carlo Gaddi (Boyd, Burton henchman), Ann Smyrner (Lola, singer), Herbert Fux (Eustaccio/Denholm, blacksmith), Enzo Fiermonte (Sheriff John Ferguson), Al Hoosmann (Al), Ferdinando Poggi, Hans Elwenspoek (Mr. Davis / Abe Pik), Romano Puppo (Lem, Burton henchman), Adriana Facchetti (hotel owner), Valentina Arrigari (Betty ?), Nino Nini (stage passenger), Gunther Stoll (Burton lieutenant), Gordon Mitchell (Burton)
- Also with: Salvatore Billa (Diego, Burton henchman), Giuseppe Castellano (red bearded miner), Renate Kasche (schoolmarm), Alberigo Donadeo (mine worker), Angelo Casadei (mine worker), Dolores Calò (keg server), Enrico Chiappafreddo (shootout victim), Giovanni Ukmar (shootout victim), Michele Branca (Burton henchman), Mirko Bajocchi (squeezebox player), Sergio Ukmar (shootout victim), Sergio Testori (shootout victim, Burton henchman), Virgilio Ponti (saloon troublemaker), Mickey Knox, Sergio Ferrero
- Story: Lorenzo Sabatini [as Warren Kiefer]
- Screenplay: Fernando di Leo, Mino Roli, Lorenzo Sabatini [as Warren Kiefer], Ina Hilger, Giorgio Stegani
- Cinematography: Enzo Serafin [Technicolor - Techniscope 2,35:1]
- Music: Riz Ortolani
- Song: "How Much You Miss Me" sung by Katyna Ranieri
- Producers: Alfonso Sansone, Enrico Chrosciki
An outlaw (Lee Van Cleef) decides to change his life and become one of the good guys. But when he's named sheriff, he finds himself torn between the forces of good and evil, uphold the law or succumb to the temptation of a shipment of silver worth a fortune?
Unlike Clint Eastwood, who in the 1960s was cast as the Man With No Name, Beyond the Law star Lee Van Cleef has a name, and a very functional one. Van Cleef is known to one and all as Bandit turned Sheriff, Joe Billy Cudlip. Van Cleef only pretends to reform so that he can steal a load of silver. Since it's hard to watch Beyond the Law with a straight face to begin with, the producers wisely decided to turn this spaghetti western into a semi-comedy. Released in Italy in 1968 as Al Di La Della Legge, Beyond the Law was distributed in the US in 1971.