From The Spaghetti Western Database
Arizona Colt (Italy, France 1966 / Director: Michele Lupo)
- Runtime: 116 Min
- Release Date: 27.8.66
Also known as
The Man from Nowhere (U.S.A.) | Il pistolero di Arizona (Italy) | Halleluja Companeros (German) | 50.000 Dollar för Arizona Colt (Sweden) | Arizona Colt (France) | Arizona Colt (Spain) | Minamikarakita Yojinbo (Japan)
Cast and Crew
- Cast: Giuliano Gemma (Arizona Colt), Fernando Sancho (Torrez 'Gordo' Watch), Roberto Camardiel (Double Whiskey), Corinne Marchand (Jane/Jacqueline), Nello Pazzafini (Kay/Clay), Andrea Bosic (Pedro/Pete), Mirko Ellis (sheriff), Gérard Lartigau (John), Rosalba Neri (Dolores), Pietro Tordi (preacher), José Manuel Martín (Watch henchman), Gianni Solaro (banker), Valentino Macchi, Renato Chiantoni (undertaker), Tom Felleghy (Will), Ronald Adam, Emma Baron, Jeff Cameron, Pietro Ceccarelli (as Otto Rock)(rancher), Alvaro de Luna (Watch henchman), José Manuel Martin (Watch henchman), Piero Morgia, José Orjas, Riccardo Pizzuti, Guglielmo Spoletini, José Terrón (Watch henchman), Pietro Martellanza (murdered rancher), Giovanni Scarciofolo (murdered rancher), Fortunato Arena (saloon patron), Fulvio Mingozzi (saloon patron), Elio Angelucci (townsman), Valentino Macchi, Puccio Ceccarelli, Omero Capanna, Enrique Santiago
- Story: Ernesto Gastaldi, Luciano Martino
- Screenplay: Ernesto Gastaldi
- Cinematography: Guglielmo Mancori [Technicolor, Techniscope 2,35:1]
- Music: Francesco De Masi
- Songs: "Arizona Colt" sung by Raoul, "From the West" sung by I Cantori Moderni
- Producer: Elio Scardamaglia
This Italian/French/Spanish sagebrusher stars Giuliano Gemma as the Arizona Colt, a notorious bounty hunter. Imprisoned in a desert town, the Colt is sprung by gang leader Gordon Watch (Fernando Sancho). Instead of galloping off into the sunset, Our Hero elects to stay in town to defend its citizens from the film's real bad guys: Watch's gang.
Had Clint Eastwood and Sergio Leone had anything to do with it, Arizona Colt would probably be hailed as a classic; as it stands, it's just another spaghetti western. The film was also released as "The Man From Nowhere".