Difference between revisions of "Blindman"
From The Spaghetti Western Database
Revision as of 17:22, 25 October 2010
Blindman (Italy, USA 1971 / Director: Ferdinando Baldi)
- Runtime: 106 min
- Release Date: 11.11.1971
- Filming Locations: Almería
Also known as
Il Cieco (Italy) | Blindman - Der Vollstrecker (Germany) | Il Pistolero cieco (Italy) | Blindman, le justicier aveugle (France) | O Cego (Brazil) | Preso Na Escuridão (Brazil) | Sokea tappaja (Finland) | La marca del ciego (Argentina) | El justiciero ciego (Spain) | Il pistolero cieco (Spain) | O justiciero sem olhos (Portugal) | A morte do Pistolero (Portugal) | 50 gyaikes gia to pistoli mou (Greece) | To exasfairo tis prodosias (Greece) | Mohmokuno Gunman (Japan)
- Cast: Tony Anthony (Blindman), Agneta Eckemyr (Pilar), Lloyd Battista (Domingo), Raf Baldassarre (Mexican General), Ringo Starr (Candy), Magda Konopka (Sweet Mama), Marisa Solinas (Margherita), Franz von Treuberg (as Franz Treuberg)(Pilar`s Father), David Dreyer (Dude), Gaetano Scala, Mary Badin (Bride), Dominique Badou (Bride), Shirley Corrigan (Bride), Karin Skaresso (bride), Lucretia Love (bride), Isabella Savona (bride), Elena Veronese (bride), Malisa Longo (bride), Katerina Lindfelt (bride), Alice Mannell (bride), Krista Nell (bride), Maria Gentilini (as Helen Parker)(bride), Giuliana Giuliani (Bride), Solvi Stubing (bride), Melu Valente (bride), Diana Lorys (bride), Mirta Miller (bride), Remo de Angelis, John Friedrick, Guido Mannari, Tito Garcia (train engineer), Tomas Rudy (Mexican soldier), Salvalore Billa (Mexican soldier), Fortunato Arena (Mexican officer), Ennio Antonelli (Mexican officer), Renato Romano (Skunk), bearded rifleman (Mal Evans), fat rifleman (Allen Klein), David Petitto (as David Dreyer)(Dude), Carla Brait (maid), Janine Raynaud (prostitute)
- Story: Tony Anthony
- Screenplay: Piero Anchisi, Tony Anthony, Vincenzo Cerami
- Cinematography: Riccardo Pallottini [Technicolor - Techniscope 2,35:1]
- Music: Stelvio Cipriani
- Producers: Saul Swimmer, Tony Anthony
Blindman contracts to transfer 50 women to miners in Texas, but his Mexican bandit partner Domingo double crosses him so he can sell them to the Army, only to cheat them and their Colonel. Domingo's brother Candy is after a woman he loves, but is being protected by Blindman, who embarks on a zero-tolerance killing spree to get his women back.
"After the surprising worldwide success of the first 2 Stranger films, actor-producer Tony Anthony seemed to have realised that his odd sense of humour (which remains singular many years after) deserves much of the "success credit". ... With Blindman, Anthony, in collaboration with director Ferdinando Baldi, decides to really push the boundaries of the SW. The result was another international success, and one of the most unusual films ever made." (William Connolly)
And Blindman is really a western of exorbitances, and excesses, and crudities, but succeeds in building on an overall feel of a tasteful tastelessness. Even the beautiful music seems to be aggressive. And the greatest exorbitance is, that it is after all a surprisingly stylishly made film.