Difference between revisions of "C'è Sartana... vendi la pistola e comprati la bara"
From The Spaghetti Western Database
|Line 37:||Line 37:|
Sartana is on the trail of a series of missing gold shipments when a white clad stranger arrives with an interest in the proceedings.
Sartana is on the trail of a series of missing gold shipments when a white clad stranger arrives with an interest in the proceedings
=== Comment ===
=== Comment ===
Revision as of 15:13, 26 December 2019
C'è Sartana... vendi la pistola e comprati la bara (Italy 1970 / Director: Giuliano Carnimeo [as Antony Ascot])
- Runtime: 99 min
- Release Date: 7.8.1970
Also known as
A Fistful of Lead (U.S.A.) | Sartana's Here... Trade Your Pistol for a Coffin (U.S.A.) | Django - Die Gier nach Gold (Germany) | Django - Schieß mir das Lied vom Sterben (Germany) | Django und Sabata - Wie blutige Geier (Germany) | Sartana desafia Sabata (Portugal) | Django arrive! Prepariz vos cercueils (France) | Ha ilegado Sartana (Mexico) | Venda la pistola y comprate la tumba (Spain) | I Am Sartana, Trade Your Guns for a Coffin | Sartana's Coming, Get Your Coffins Ready
Cast and Crew
- Cast: George Hilton (Sartana / Django), Charles Southwood (Sabbath / Sabata), Erika Blanc (Trixie), Piero Lulli [as Peter Carter](Samuel Spencer), Linda Sini (Mantas' woman), Nello Pazzafini (Mantas), Carlo Gaddi (Baxter), Aldo Barberito (Angelo), Marco Zuanelli (Dead Eye Golfay), Luciano Rossi [as Lou Kamante](Flint Fossit), Federico Boido [as Rick Boyd](Joe Fossit), Luigi Bonos [as Gigi Bonos](innkeeper), Gaetano Imbró, Spartaco Conversi (Emiliano), Umberto Di Grazia (Tornosky), Bruno Ukmar (Hoagy, maestro d'armi)
- Also with: Furio Meniconi (Romero, Mantas' henchman), Alberigo Donadeo (sleeping man), John Bartha (marshal), Paolo Figlia (Mantas' henchman), Sergio Smacchi (Mantas' henchman), Massimo Vani (Mantas' henchman), Sandro Scarchilli (Mezcal), Mauro Mannatrizio (Emiliano henchman), Pietro Fumelli (Suarez), Benito Pacifico (Mexican bandit), Luciano Conti (Mantas henchman), Maurizio Mannoia (wagon guard)
- Story: Tito Carpi
- Screenplay: Tito Carpi
- Cinematography: Stelvio Massi [Technicolor - Techniscope 2,35:1]
- Music: Francesco De Masi [as Frank Mason]
- Producers: Sergio Borelli, Franco Palaggi
Sartana is on the trail of a series of missing gold shipments when a white clad stranger arrives with an interest in the proceedings. (unverified summary)
Sartana is the mysterious bounty hunter played by George Hilton. Spencer is a mining mogul played by Piero Lulli. His gold shipments get robbed by a Mexican bandit called Mantas. Baxter is a thug working for Spencer.
This surprisingly well made film was shown pretty late on german TV. But (thank god they broadcast widescreen!) the film was really well done. The camera work was excellent and so was de Masi's score. The acting was okay and the story was somehow bizarre. But it is definitely an enjoyable film nevertheless. --Sebastian 20:56, 31 Jul 2005 (CEST)