Fiume di dollari, Un
From The Spaghetti Western Database
Revision as of 09:08, 8 October 2010 by Dicfish
Un fiume di dollari (Italy 1966 / Director: Carlo Lizzani as Lee W. Beaver )
- Runtime: 90 min
- Release Date: 9.9.1966
Also known as
The Hills Run Red (U.S.A.) | A River of Dollars | Eine Flut von Dollars (Germany) | Sangre en las colinas (Spain) | Un rio de dolares (Spain) | Du sang dans la montagne (France) | Plamena Reka (Turkey) | En flod av dollar (Sweden) | Sangue nas Montanhas (Brazil) | Ena potami dollaria (Greece) | Dollarivirta (Finland)
Cast and crew
- Cast: Thomas Hunter (Jerry Brewster), Henry Silva (Garcia Mendez), Dan Duryea (Colonel Winny Getz), Nicoletta Machiavelli (Mary Ann), Gianna Serra (Hattie/Abby Gardner), Nando Gazzolo (Ken Seagull/Ken Milton), Loris Loddi (Tim Brewster), Geoffrey Copleston (Brian Horner), Paolo Magalotti (Stayne), Giovanni Scarciofolo (as Jeff Cameron)(Randall), Vittorio Bonos (gambler), Guido Celano (Burger), Gianluigi Crescenzi (Carson), Lucio De Santis (Juan), Paolo Figlia, Mauro Mannatrizio (Mitch), Goffredo Matassi, Tiberio Mitri (Union sergeant), Piero Morgia, Renzo Pevarello (Mendez henchman), Luigi Scavran, Guglielmo Spoletini (Pedro), Mirko Valentin (Sancho), Puccio Ceccarelli (Wolf), Osiride Pevarello (Mendez henchman), Fortunato Arena (peon), Sandro Dori, Fernando Ferrara, Fiorella Ferraro, John M. Gaskins, Nazzarena Zamperla
- Story: Piero Regnoli (as Dean Craig)
- Screenplay: Piero Regnoli (as Dean Craig)
- Cinematography: Antonio Secchi [Technicolor, Techniscope 2,35:1]
- Music: Ennio Morricone (as Leo Nichols)
- Song: "Home to My Love" sung by Gino
- Producer: Luigi Carpentieri, Ermano Donati
Two confederate soldiers survive the War and swipe an army payroll. To escape, one of them plays decoy while the other flees with the loot. The decoy is captured and sentenced to five years in prison. After he has served his sentence, he is dismayed and enraged when he discovers that his "pal" has broken his word and is responsible for his wife's death. He seeks his ex-friend for revenge, but this one has become wealthy and powerful, and his killers are already waiting for the avenger.
- An Italian and an American/International Version exist. The American version has a double Happy Ending by inserting a few shots which clearly don't belong there. The available DVDs include the American version only. At the moment it seems that the original Italian version has only survived in weak VHS quality.
- Koch's DVD shows a scene at the Beginning where Brewster is beaten up by the Union Soldiers. The German dub changes to Italian for a second, and the soldiers tell him to get lost, it then changes back to German and they continue beating him up.