Difference between revisions of "Nuvola di polvere... un grido di morte... arriva Sartana, Una"
From The Spaghetti Western Database
|Line 4:||Line 4:|
Revision as of 22:11, 30 July 2013
Una nuvola di polvere... un grido di morte... arriva Sartana (Italy, Spain 1970 / Director: Giuliano Carnimeo)
- Runtime: 100 min
- Release Date: 24.12.1970
Also known as
A Cloud of Dust... Cry of Death... Sartana Is Coming (U.S.A) | Gunman in Town (U.S.A.) | Light the Fuse... Sartana Is Coming (U.S.A.) | Llega Sartana (Spain) | Un grito de muerte...llega Sartana (Mexico) | Run, Man, Run... Sartana's in Town | Sartana kommt (Germany) | Sartana, o vingador (Portugal) | Sartana - Schwarzer Rächer des Todes (Germany) | Arriva - Sartana kommt | Une trainee de poudre les pistoleros arrivent! (France) | Une trainee de poudre (France) | Sartana Está Chegando (Brazil) | Sartana’s største kup (Denmark) | Tim revolveraša (Yugoslavia)
Cast and crew
- Cast: Gianni Garko (as John Garko)(Sartana), Nieves Navarro (as Susan Scott) (Belle Manassas), Piero Lulli ("Grande Full"/Grandville Fuller), Bruno Corazzari (Heinz), Frank Braña (Sam Puttnam/One-Eye), Massimo Serato (Sheriff Manassas), José Jaspe (Monk/General Moko), Renato Baldini ("Nobody"), Dan van Husen, Fernando Bilbao, Sal Borgese (informer), Giuseppe Castellano (Hanson), Lino Coletta (Sancho), Alfonso de la Vega, Raffaele Di Mario, Luis Induni (sheriff), Brizio Montinaro, Franco Pesce (Professor Pon Pon), Gianni Pulone, Francisco Sanz, Clay Slegger, María Vico, Mara Krupp (hotel owner), Mario Ralph, Beatrice Pellegrino, Brizio Montinaro, Gianni Pulone, Amedeo Timpani
- Story: Eduardo Manzanos Brochero
- Screenplay: Eduardo Manzanos Brochero, Tito Carpi, Ernesto Gastaldi
- Cinematography: Julio Ortas [Eastmancolor, Techniscope 2,35:1]
- Music: Bruno Nicolai
- Producers: Eduardo Manzanos Brochero, Luciano Martino
This time, Sartana helps a gambler named Grand Full (Piero Lulli), who claims to have been wrongly accused of murder. The avenger breaks Grand Full out of jail and the pair escape to the site of the crime -- the town of Mansfield -- where they battle bounty hunters and a wicked boss (Massimo Serato) before the gunslinger figures out that he's been had. Needless to say, Sartana does not take kindly to having been fooled. Nieves Navarro (a.k.a. Susan Scott) co-stars in this grim spaghetti western with Frank Brana and Bruno Corazzari. One of the genre's best-known composers, Bruno Nicolai, did the soundtrack.
In the fourth and last of the "official" Sartana westerns with Gianni Garko in the lead, the James Bond like gadgets tend to get a bit over the top, and it is therefore a good example of how the SWs were becoming more absurd as the film makers tried to top the already decadent sensations of the previously made films. Less polished and less stylish then its predecessor, Have a Good Funeral my Friend, Sartana Will Pay, this entry of the popular series is still pretty entertaining and will not disappoint the fans. In fact many think of it as the best of the bunch.