Sad Hill Unearthed
From The Spaghetti Western Database
- Director: Guillermo Fernandez de Oliveira
- Interviews with: Peter Frayling, Ennio Morricone, Clint Eastwood, Eugenio Alabiso, James Hetflied, etc.
- Theatrical releases: Japan, etc.
- Aka: Sad Hill Desenterrado (Spain), Salvate Sad Hill (Italy)
- Companies: Zapruder Pictures (Production), Filmfactory (Distribution), Netflix (global streaming rights, except Japan)
- Runtime: approx 83min
- DVD and BluRay releases
- Original soundtrack
- Streaming on Netflix in Latinamerica, Spain, Germany, UK, France, Turkey, Italy, USA, Canada
In October 2015 a group of fans of the film ‘The Good, the Bad and the Ugly’ (Sergio Leone, 1966) visited the location of the film’s final sequence in Burgos (Spain). Abandoned for 49 years and covered with vegetation, these volunteers want to unearth and bring back to life the iconic Sad Hill Cemetery. News spread quickly and every weekend people from all over Europe started to visit the location to help in its reconstruction. Sad Hill Unearthed explores the fans’ dreams and their motivations but also how art, music and culture influences people and becomes a trascendental search experience. (Filmfactory)
You might also be interested in: Behind-the-Scenes of Sergio Leone's The Good, the Bad and the Ugly