The Spaghetti West
From The Spaghetti Western Database
The Spaghetti West - an IFC original documentary (2005 / Director: David Gregory)
- Forum Topic (starts with a review of the documentary and the DVD)
Americans may have lost interest in Western pictures after the 1950s, but our European cousins carried on the tradition of the Wild West horse opera. This IFC original documentary celebrates the history of the Spaghetti Western â€” those classic films made by Italy's finest filmmakers â€” including the great Sergio Leone.
Celebrate your love of the Italian Western with clips from over 600 Italian cult classic, plus insightful interviews with Clint Eastwood, composer Ennio Morricone, Ferdinando Baldi, Sergio Corbucci, Damiano Damiani and many others.
- Produced for IFC
- Produced by Blue Underground
- Executive producers: Alison Palmer Bourke; William Lustig; Michael Ruggiero; Jessica Wolfson
- Associate producers: Alberto Farina, Gary Hertz
- Produced and directed by David Gregory
- Narrator: Robert Forster
- USA, Docurama (Region 1, NTSC)
- 56 minutes
- Buy now: From Amazon.com