Difference between revisions of "Venditore di morte, Il"
From The Spaghetti Western Database
m (→Cast and crew)
|Line 4:||Line 4:|
* [[/DVD|Available DVDs]]
* [[/DVD|Available DVDs]]
Latest revision as of 14:28, 7 January 2018
Il venditore di morte (Italy 1971 / Director: Enzo Gicca Palli)
- Runtime: 93 min
- Release Date: 17.9.1971
Also known as
The Price of Death | The Last Gunfight | 1000 $ Kopfgeld | Sarg der blutigen Stiefel | Sarg der blutigen Rache | 1000 Dollar Kopfgeld | Der Galgen wartet schon, Amigo! | La Vengeance De Dieu | La mano nascosta di Dio | Persecucion mortal | El pruno de Dios | O preço do ódio | Revolvermannen
Cast and crew
- Cast: Gianni Garko [as John Garko](Silver), Klaus Kinski (Chester Conway/Ray), Mimma Biscardi [as Gely Genka](Polly Winters/Whitaker), Franco Abbina (Jeff Plummer), Luciano Catenacci [as Luciano Lorcas](Sheriff Tom Stanton), Laura Gianoli (Polly's sister), Giancarlo Prete (Reverend Tiller), Luigi Castellato (Randall, banker), Luciano Pigozzi [as Alan Collins](Doctor Rosenthal), Franca de Stratis (Carmen Perades), Andrea Scotti (Coot Steinway, prosecutor), Gualtiero Rispoli (Goodwin), Alfredo Rizzo (Judge Atwell), Giuseppe Castellano (Grant), Paolo Magalotti (Bud / Matt, bouncer)
- Also with: Giovanni Sabbatini (Manolo Perades), Silvana Bacci (Silver aide), Dominique Badou (prostitute), Fortunato Arena (hangman), Mario Dardanelli (auction attendee), Bruno Ukmar (miner), Osiride Pevarello (miner), Pietro Torrisi (townsman), Fulvio Pellegrino (2nd barman), Augusto Funari (miner, townsman), Enrico Chiappafreddo (saloon guest), Maria Tedeschi (juror), Max Fraser (juror), Calogero Azzaretto (poker player), Renzo Pevarello (miner), Franco Ukmar (miner), Romano Milani (Appleby citizen), Angelo Casadei (Appleby citizen)
- Story: Enzo Gicca Palli [as Enzo Gicca]
- Screenplay: Enzo Gica Palli [as Enzo Gicca]
- Cinematography: Franco Villa [Eastmancolor - Cromoscope 2,35:1]
- Music: Mario Migliardi (some tracks recycled from Mátalo!)
- Producer: Albano Ingrami
Conway (Kinski) is wrongfully convicted for killing two people in the wake of a saloon robbery. A lawyer and a prostitute related to Conway hire the rich gunman Silver (Garko) to solve the crime and prove Conway's innocence. In the wake of Silver's investigations he uncovers a difficult plot of murder and puts himself and his partners in danger.
Director Palli had written the screenplay for Killer calibro 32, from which he revived the character of Silver for The Price of Death. Only now with Gianni Garko in the lead Silver comes closer to the more popular Sartana. The film tells a murder mystery (well in fact two) with the usual foreseeable solutions, intersperses a few giallo elements and garnishes it at the oddest moments with some superfluous brawls in the stupidest slapstick manner. SW fast food which surprisingly doesn't taste too bad.